A marriage proposal is always a joyous occasion and one to celebrate. As an Orange County Engagement Photographer, we here at Three16 Photography hope that your season of being engaged is one that is full of adventure and drawing closer together. Our goal is to offer a delightful client experience to all our newly engaged couples. Three16 Photography is your premier Orange County, Los Angeles and destination Engagement Photography company here in Southern California.
Surely there is a huge benefit to having an engagement photography session. First, it gives you an opportunity to be at ease and to get comfortable in front of the camera. Second, it offers you some great photos to use as decor on your wedding day, for your “Save the Date” announcements or for any other reason you see fit, as well as a beautiful memory. Third, they can be a lot of fun. And lastly, in the event we are used to be your Wedding Day Photographers, then we have already built a relationship with you.
Whether you want to do your engagement photo session on the sandy shores of Laguna Beach, along the train tracks in Fullerton, in the forest of Big Bear Mountain, under the bells of San Juan Mission Capistrano, along the trails of Irvine Regional Park, across the Golden Gate Bridge, on a boat in Newport, in the harbors of San Diego, on the stairway to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, across the street from the Kodak Theater in the heart of downtown Los Angeles or any other location, we look forward to capturing your love and sharing your story with others.
Engagement and Wedding packages are also available. Some of our favorite engagement photos can be found below.
How much should I spend on an Engagement Session?
Typically, an engagement session will depend on what area of the country you're in. But in terms of Southern California, for a session only, meaning we are not photographing your wedding, the price ranges from $450. to $900. The actual price depends on how many hours and locations you sign up for.
When should you do Engagement Photos?
One of the benefits of Southern California is any season can work, it just depends on your preferences. Many of our clients pick a season opposite of their wedding. If you have a Summer wedding, then can consider Fall, Winter, or maybe very early Spring. Also, consider where you want your engagement session to take place and take the weather into consideration. You probably wouldn't want a beach engagement session during the Winter, etc. We also recommend having your session about 6-8 months prior to your wedding.
What do you do for and Engagement Photoshoot?
We start of with a few test shots for lighting purposes and it gives us an opportunity to get to know you and it allows you to get comfortable in front of the camera. As the session continues, we allow you time for outfit changes and/or location changes. Again, depending on the package you select.
What should I avoid in Engagement Photos?
1. Not planning around the sun time of the day.
2. Some locations provide different challenges. For example, a session at Disneyland is going to be crowded and you will have people in the background of most of your photos.
3. Avoid having an argument prior to the session at all cost. Negative facial expressions will show in the photos.
4. Don't wait until the last minute to pick out an outfit. And if you opt for an all black outfit, then only one of you should be in black, otherwise photos typically do not turn out well.
5. Don't overbook your day. Don't plan it before or after work or another event. Make it a date day as you will be more relaxed and in the moment. Then, since you're dressed nicely, go out for a nice dinner together and share the adventure with each other.
6. Do your hair & make-up the day before so you know how you want to look. If you wait until the day of, you may run out of time and then it doesn't come out the way you had hoped.