The Newhall Mansion, which can also be known as Piru Mansion or Cook Mansion, truly defines their motto, “Where Antique Meets Chic.” Located in Piru, California up in the valley area just west of Santa Clarita, the Newhall Mansion was built over 100 years in 1890. The Newhall’s, Scott and Ruth, are the third owners of this historic mansion and after a devasting fire in 1983, they rebuilt the mansion to its original specifications.
The Newhall Mansion radiates vintage glamour and has amazing backdrops for your wedding ceremony and reception that can be captured by Three16 Photography. Their ceremony sites are amazing, and their courtyards allows you hold your dinner and dancing reception under the stars above. Capacity is up to 300 of your favorite family, friends and other guests. One of the unique aspects of the Newhall is that it has eight Victorian style bedrooms that allows for overnight accommodations, so you can turn your day into your weekend.
If you have guests coming in from out of town and are looking for things to do or stay while in town, there is plenty to do. Just a short 33-mile drive to the west will take you to the famed city of Ventura and the Pacific Ocean. Head south and you will hit the heart of the valley with Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks and Calabasas, where many of today’s celebrities reside in. If you like to boat on the lake, Castaic Lake is less than 20 miles away and if you venture southeast, that will take you right into Burbank and the Hollywood area.
If you want to learn more about the Newhall Mansion as your wedding destination or for other activities, click the link above or below to visit their website. To visit them in person, they are located at 829 Park St., Piru, CA 93040 or call them at 805-398-5042.
- No in-house catering, you will have to bring your own.
- Ceremonies and receptions are held outdoors.
- Can accommodate small to medium sized weddings of 200 or less.
- Bride and Groom’s suites to get dressed in.
- On-site wedding planner that you can book directly with.
- Perhaps our favorite venue outside of Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
- Very friendly staff.
- It’s a historic building, which makes it a unique house with plenty of great photo opportunity locations.
- Amazing property and landscape.
- Venue is secluded.