Located along the California coastline sits an amazing location for your special day. The Ocean Institute in Dana Point has breathtaking backdrops for your wedding ceremony and reception and can be captured by Three16 Photography.
The ceremony, which is only held outdoors, can hold up to 200 of your favorite friends and family members. The reception is held on the inside. You can choose from various styles such as ocean/waterfront view, event center, beach or museum/gallery. Events are held in the evenings.
Available to you are many amenities with high-tech options for your reception, which includes a photo and video montage display on a drop-down projection screen.
For your guests that are coming into town for your big day, hotels in the area include Best Western, Marriott and the Blue Lantern Inn. Dana Point, located in south Orange County, offers all the charm of a beach city and there is always something to do here, such as spending the day playing in the water or visiting a local favorite like JC Beans coffee, or other local restaurants, coffee and tea locations or simply some great shopping. Dana Point borders Laguna Beach, where your guests could spend the day doing more shopping with all their boutiques or enjoying more food and drink, as well as some gelato.
The Ocean Institute would make for a great venue rental and leave a lifetime of memories for you, your new spouse and all those family and friends that attended.
If you want to learn more about the Ocean Institute for your wedding venue & catering destination or for other activities, click the link above or below to visit their website. To visit them in person, they are located at 24200 Dana Point Harbor Dr., Dana Point, CA 92629 or call them at 949-496-2274.
- Although the parking lot is fairly large, we recommend arriving early to secure parking as the lot can get crowded due to other events and beach goers.
- You can opt for in-house catering, but they do allow for outside caterers as well.
- Has the ability to accommodate medium to large weddings.
- Has the ability to have an outdoor ceremony.
- You can opt for either and indoor or outdoor reception.
- Beautiful location that overlooks the harbor.
- Offers dressing rooms for both the bride and the groom.
- Home to a really nice aquarium with a focus on turtles and other smaller species of fish.