Since 1901, the Old Orange County Courthouse has been the home of county government. It’s one of Southern California’s oldest court buildings and with its Romanesque Revival look, this is a great place to say your “I do’s” without having to spend thousands of dollars. Besides, a smaller, more intimate wedding surrounded by a small number of your family and friends may be all you are looking for.
The courthouse has two main rooms for your ceremony. One is a small room with two benches and can accommodate approximately 8 to 10 guests. The other location is the Santa Ana Courthouse museum, which is a beautiful place for your ceremony and to see all the local history. It can hold up to 25 people. Lastly, there is the historic Superior Courtroom. It can seat over 100 people but make reservations for this room in advance.
Because of the architecture of the building, this makes the simplicity of the area look elegant and glamorous in photos, as well as showing off the true beauty of this location. The staircase inside the courthouse makes for amazing photos for after the ceremony.
An Old Orange County Courthouse wedding is a beautiful place to exchange vows without having to plan a big event. Surrounded by your loved ones and the love of your life, the one thing you need to plan is the day and time to spend forever with your partner.
Located in Downtown Santa Ana, the Old Orange County Courthouse is an amazing venue for your wedding and can be captured by Three16 Photography.
If you want to learn more about the Old Orange County Courthouse for your wedding venue & catering destination or for other activities, click the link above or below to visit their website. To visit them in person, they are located at 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, CA 92701 or call them at 714-973-6605.
- Perfect location for smaller or intimate weddings, as well as elopements.
- Does not allow for receptions. You will have to plan your reception at another location. Many great restaurants nearby if you opt to have your reception at a restaurant.
- It’s an historic building that is great for photo opportunities.
- Plan ahead and arrive early to park, as parking is somewhat limited. There is also a parking fee.
- Close to local attractions.
- You can use the old courtroom which has the old-style wooden chairs that you see in older movies.
- Most of the photos are taken indoors, but they do have great outdoor architecture that make for some great photos.
- Beautiful historic building with unique architecture.
- Staff is really easy to work with.