Orange County Wedding Photographer
One of our favorite wedding venues in Orange County to photograph is the Richard Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, California. Not only is it just a short distance from our studio in Orange, but it’s an absolutely stunning venue. We love the history, the gorgeous architecture, and the green outdoor ceremony space, as well as the stunning indoor ballroom. (We also love the team from White House Catering that we always have the pleasure of working with there.) So when Alex and Brooke told us they were having a Richard Nixon Library wedding, we were so excited that they chose us to be with them on their special day!
This past Friday we had the privilege of spending the day celebrating Alex and Brooke at their elegant wine-inspired Richard Nixon Library wedding. From the deep red bridesmaid’s gowns to the reception table decor, it was a beautiful soiree.
Brooke was a gorgeous bride in her gown from The Dresser bridal shop in Fullerton. With hair and makeup done by Hair Lounge Salon OC and Christine Bennett of Moxie Does Hair, she was ready to walk down the aisle! Her handsome groom awaited his bride in an all-black Ralph Lauren suit, with his groomsmen by his side in all black, with maroon ties.
Brooke and Alex exchanged their own handwritten vows, and it was so awesome to hear their personal and unique promises to each other! Once the gorgeous outdoor ceremony was complete, it was time to head inside to celebrate! The DJs at Visions Entertainment had everyone on the dance floor and made for a “popping” good time.
The perfect “finish” to this wine-inspired wedding was a sparkler exit as their closest friends and family sent them off!
We’re so excited about how their photos turned out, and we hope you enjoy these sneak peeks and their wedding day love story as much as we do!
1) What three things do you admire most about your soon-to-be spouse? Why?
- I admire his drive – He’s such a hard worker and always makes sure he gets done what needs to get done.
- I admire how he takes care of the people he loves. Over the past 4.5 years, I have seen how he makes sure his mom and other members of his family are taken care of
- I admire his passion for things – whether it be cars, UFC, or specific music – you can just see him light up with joy!
- I admire her positive outlook on things, it helps me see things from a different perspective
- I admire her thoughtfulness. She always puts a huge thought into everything she does for her friends and family.
- I admire how much she supports me. With her encouragement, I feel like I can conquer anything.
2) Describe each other in one word.
Brooke: Hilarious. Anyone who has met Alex would immediately understand why I chose that word. He’s always making people laugh and smile by cracking jokes. Dinners with the families are fun because he’s always making everyone laugh. There is never a dull moment when Alex is around. It helps when I’m having a bad day and just need to laugh it off!
Alex: Encouraging – Brooke has always been proud of all my accomplishments and has motivated me to excel in my career and personal development
3) Any advice for other newly engaged couples as they begin to plan their wedding?
Enjoy this time! It definitely can be a stressful point in your relationship, because of outside influences on literally everything, but just remember why you guys are choosing to get married. Make time to still be with each other and talk about things that aren’t wedding-related. Be sure to establish a budget – and don’t forget about the little things that add up in cost!!
4) Describe your wedding for us. Any particular theme? What flowers did you choose and why? Any special traditions or items you have incorporated into the day?
Going for a more elegant and traditional wedding – I love wine, so wanted to incorporate those colors, as well as some winery elements, with the wine barrels, and the corks. I didn’t choose any specific flowers – I love all florals! 🙂 We didn’t have any special traditions – but we did decide to write our own vows!
5) Looking back on planning your wedding, is there anything you would have done differently?
Honestly – no! We’ve enjoyed this time & are very glad we gave ourselves a year and a half to plan and save!
6) What are the plans for the honeymoon?
We’re headed to Isla Mujeres for a nice relaxing week of all-inclusive fun! 😀
Vendors Used for Brooke and Alex’s Richard Nixon Library Wedding:
VENUE: Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace
Address: 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
WEDDING COORDINATOR & FLORIST: Gay Olde Time Events
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY: Three16 Photography
CEREMONY MUSIC: Ocdamia Music Group
CATERING & CAKE: White House Catering
MAKEUP: Hair Lounge Salon OC
Name of Person: Chloe James
HAIR: Christine Bennett
Instagram: @moxie @moxiedoeshair
DRESS: The Dresser
Brand / Designer: Essence of Australia
GROOM’S SUIT: Brand / Designer: Ralph Lauren
WEDDING INVITATION: OuttheBoxCreative
Loved reading about Alex and Brooke’s Richard Nixon Library wedding? Show them some love by commenting and liking below! Also, check out Brooke and Alex’s engagement session blog in San Juan Capistrano!