Three16 Photography loves photographing weddings at unique wedding venues throughout Orange County, Los Angeles and surrounding areas of Southern California. One of the unique things we love about photographing weddings in Southern California are all the quirky locations or the odd things that are offered to brides and grooms from these particular venues.
Just to give you a few examples:
• Rancho Las Lomas in Silverado has a zoo on the premises that includes a white Bengal tiger and a very friendly bird.
• Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino Hills takes place in an airplane hangar with planes around you and you have the option to arrive to your wedding by airplane.
• The Houdini Estates in Hollywood is a magical looking home where the famed magician Harry Houdini once lived.
• In Long Beach, you can have your ceremony on a Gondola Getaway. Yep, on a gondola while cruising the harbor.
Keep in mind, like any other wedding venue, each location has their share of pros and cons, but if you opt for a unique wedding venue, it should be fun and a great experience. Here are just a few unique wedding venues in Orange County that we have had the pleasure of photographing at: Richard Nixon Library, Rancho Las Lomas, Serra Plaza, The Wilcox Manor, the Ocean Institute, Villa Del Sol, El Adobe de Capistrano and the Old Orange County Courthouse.
If you are looking for a unique wedding venue in the Los Angeles area, or outside of Orange County and Los Angeles, we recommend the Taglyan Complex, Calamigos Ranch, The Houdini Estate, the Gondola Getaway, and the Calvary Chapel Bible College
Advantages of a Unique Wedding Venue
• It’s Something Different Than Other Wedding Venues
• Unique Backdrops for Your Photos
• The Architectures, Oddities and Nuisances That Come with a Unique Wedding Venue
• The Atmosphere
Disadvantages of a Unique Wedding Venue
• For Some Venues, Spacing may be an Issue
• For Some Venues, Parking may be an Issue
• It’s Not for Everyone
• May Have Tighter Restrictions than Other Locations
Most of the time, a wedding venue is simply stunning with really great backdrops to enhance your photos. But, every now and then you will come across something really unique and different. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box.